Friday, August 8, 2008

Remembering Grandma Babcock

Today is Grandma Babcock's Birthday. I thought it might be nice if we wrote down some of the things we remember about her. Just click "comment" below to contribute.

Of course, my greatest memory is the candy jar. In fact, I have the very candy jar safely wrapped up and stored at my house. When we become grandparents, I'll display it proudly on the coffee table and fill it daily with hard candy and caramel cubes.

For some reason I also remember the foot massager thing they had in Pocatello. Does anybody else remember that?

During her last years while she lived in Jerome with Mom and Dad, she started calling me a "pickle face." I'm not sure exactly where it came from. I think we were having dinner one night and I requested a pickle. From that moment on I was referred to with a smile as, "pickle face."

4 comments:

M and P said...

Thanks for the memory. We were talking about "Grandma" on the way up to Rexburg. One of my great memories of her in her la ter years was when we went to Mike
s graduation and they announced the theme song for the commencement would be sung by "Simple Minds". She leaned over to me and said "I don't think that is very nice to talk about them that way"........

Laura Dunaway said...

Hey Guys--
I too remember the foot massager. Loved that. One of my favorite memories is going up to Pocatello to spend a week or so with her and Grandpa in the summers. I loved that! David and I used to spend hours in Grandpa's golf cart driving up and down the little street in front of their home.
I loved her cooking...yum.
Anyone remember Lava Hot Springs?

Laura Dunaway said...

By the way, this is Laura :)

#4's said...

I remember her clam chowder, mac and cheese with hamburger, and of course the tea sets that I would play with for hours.