Friday, March 13, 2009


Our phone rang last night.  I heard this deep male voice on the other end of the line say......"grandpa, I got my driver's permit today".  It was a cool, casual voice.....very much in control.  A flood of memories, and thoughts of a red and white VW van raced through my mind.  Today, I feel a little older, and hopefully wiser.   Keep going Ethan......but be careful and try to be..."wiser than we have been"  (quote from Moroni)

4 comments:

M and P said...

great, Ethan! when I get home you can drive me to Wendy's for a frostie! Hey

#4's said...

Congrats Ethan...wish we lived closer so you could run some errands for me...or even better yet drive over and babysit your cousins.

M. Babcock said...

My cell phone rang last night. I heard this deep male voice on the other end of the line say...."dad, I got my driver's permit today". It was a cool, casual voice...very much in control. A flood of memories, and thoughts of escalating insurance premiums, waiting up worried until the wee hours of the night, wondering if every time he leaves the house he'll come back in one piece. Today, I feel a little older and completely freaked out...

: STEVE : said...

HA HA HA